50m Time Trials at Arun Leisure Centre, Felpham – Saturday 9th July 2016
CCSC is a competitive swimming club and the Summer Sprint Challenge is an opportunity for every swimmer to race in a 25m pool and gain entry times for L3 open meets.
Summer Sprint Rule 2016
- All events will be 50m except the Junior Skins, which will be 25m.
- Age groups will be age as at 9th July 2016.
- Swimmers in each of the sprint events will be seeded according to their entry times (Phil will use his spreadsheet to sort these out) and each event will be run in a heat declared “Open Meet” style, so swimmers will be swimming against swimmers with similar times and there will be no finals.
- Please try to get entries in as early as possible so you can be set up on the recording programme, To enter please complete the online entry form or paper version (available from the club desk at Friday training) and make payment with a single £10 entry fee to cover the cost of pool hire. Entry is for all four events.
Closing date for entries is 8pm on Friday 1st July
- Swimmers must register 15 minutes before declared warm up start times so that heats can be adjusted for any withdrawels.
- After the stroke sprint events have been completed the evening will finish with Junior and Open Skins events in which the fastest eight swimmers from the freestyle sprints will swim off against each other. After the first heat the slowest swimmer will be eliminated leaving the fastest seven to swim again, and so on until there is a final winner. Age categories for the Skins will be Junior Girls and Boys (U14), Open Girls and Men (Over 14).
- The programme of events for the evening is as follows:
Event 1 – Girls 50m Butterfly
Event 2 – Boys 50m Butterfly
Event 3 – Girls 50m Backstroke
Event 4 – Boys 50m Backstroke
Event 5 – Girls 50m Breaststroke
Event 6 – Boys 50m Breaststroke
Event 7 – Girls 50m Freestyle
Event 8 – Boys 50m Freestyle
Event 9 – Girls U14 SKINS (25m)
Event 10 – Boys U14 SKINS (25m)
Event 11 – Girls Open SKINS (50m)
Event 12 – Boys Open SKINS (50m)
Click here to complete online entry form.