Swim Club Manager
Welcome!CCSC has been established for over 50 years and has a growing and enthusiastic membership. We are a competitive swimming club on the south coast of England and we train at the Westgate Leisure Centre and Westbourne House School, competing in galas throughout the year.
Recent News Items
- Sunday Swimming January 20, 2018
- Sussex School Swimming – Primary Schools Team Championships 2018 January 17, 2018
- CCSC Annual General Meeting January 17, 2018
- CCSC Awards Celebration and Presentation Evening January 16, 2018
- Sunday 14th Jan – Swimming for Age Group and Dev Squad Cancelled January 13, 2018
- Sunday Swimming January 13, 2018
- RT @niclong87: Good luck to all CCSC swimmers at Tom Handley this morning... early start leaving Chichester at 6.30am 1 week ago
- RT @niclong87: 100 free completed great PB from Lucca And Max 5th and 6th places and good swims from Gabriel and Alex 1 week ago
- RT @niclong87: Well done to Mia 5th in 50Fly 32:76 and Alex 7th with 50:29 a 4.55 PB. Up next the boys in 50 Free 1 week ago
- Second session about to start - 100 fly for James and 50 free for Olivia. So we are now down to 5 races. 1 month ago
- Bronze for James in 100 free less than 1/2 second between top three #medalcount2/6 1 month ago
Well done to the Chichester Cormorant swimmers who competed in this year’s Sussex ASA Winter Competition. 12 swimmers competed in 53 events and CCSC won 7 medals in the following:
- Adam Long (6) – bronze medals in the 100m and 2oom breaststroke.
- Seb Hadnett (8) – bronze medals in the 100m IM and 50m freestyle.
- Fraser Lyne (7) – bronze medals in the 100m and 50m butterfly.
- Jess Rayner (7) – bronze medal on the 50m butterfly.
Special congratulations to Olivia Spink (12) who came third in the FINA points table for the girls’ 13 years competition. FINA points are awarded to swimmers for every event in which they compete based on their swim times. Olivia competed in 12 events swimming 10 new personal bests and gained 4,459 points, just three points behind Isabella Hayes of Atlantis who was in second place.
Well done to Archie Lyne (1) and Mia Clive (4) who were competing in their first county competition as well as Broghan Collier (2), Lucca Everley (1), India Rose (2), Isabella Rose (1) and Lauren Smith (2) who also competed in the competition.
(x) = number of events competed in.
AGR1 & 2 only
The last training workshop will take place this Friday starting at 7;00pm. We will meet in the cafe for a prompt start in the meeting room.
Chichester Cormorants kicked off the 2017 National Arena League with an outstanding performance at the new Hart Leisure Centre in Fleet, Hampshire. This was without doubt the strongest team on paper that Cormorants have fielded in the past five years, but it was also one of the toughest galas with opposition from Hart, Worthing, Farnham, Haslemere, Wycombe District and Wey Valley.
Overall, out of 102 swims, which includes individual swims in relays, there was a staggering 54 new personal bests, 27 qualifying times for the long course county championships and an impressive 56 qualifying times for the short course county championships.
Furthermore, there were three wins, two for the 15/u girls comprising Laura Docherty, Olivia Davies, Mia Clive and Jessica Rayner, in both the 4 x 50m freestyle and medley relays. Lucca Everley also won his 10/11 boys 50m backstroke as well a third place in the 50m freestyle. There were two other second place finishes for Laura Docherty in the girls 15/u 100m backstroke and Adam Long in the mens’ open 100m butterfly.
Overall, Chichester finished 5th out of seven teams with 178 points, just 11 points behind Haslemere.
Well done to the whole team. The next round will be swam at the same venue, Hart Leisure Centre, on Saturday 11th November.
Click here to view individual swimmers’ performance report.
Please see links to gala results and splits.
Individual performance and gala report to follow.
AGR1 & AGR2 only.
So far the workshops have been a great success.
Unfortunately there has been a double booking with the meeting room this week, so this weeks workshop will be held the following week on 20th October.
Just a last minute reminder to all AGR1 and AGR2 swimming who are coming to the workshop tonight. Please be on time to meet in the cafe for a prompt start at 7.00
Just to clarify, the training workshops are taking place over the next few weeks. They are for AGR1 and AGR2 swimmers only, parents should have received an email telling you which evening your child is taking part.
CORRECTION – the original post stated that qualifying times since 1st October 2016 (https://chichester-cormorants.org/2017/09/27/sussex-asa-winter-competition-2017/).
It should have read 31st October 2016:
Short course entry times from licensed meets (Levels 1 -4) held since 31st October 2016 are required for entry to this meet. L/C to S/C conversions using the ASA equivalent performance tables are permitted.
Apologies for any confusion.